We usually see small images or bits of information popping up on our computer screens regarding health, healthy diet, exercises, drinks etc., to make our living more worthwhile and healthy.
To make you more healthy and fit, we have shortlisted some random health and food facts for a healthy living. Go on, give it a read and pass your valuable knowledge among your friends too.
1. High fiber food helps our body move food through the digestive region, reduces serum cholesterol and prepares us against disease protection.
High fiber-rich Veg food: Wholegrain cereals, bread, oats, pasta, barley, and rye. Fruit and veggies such as Carrots, berries, pears, melon, and oranges. Veggies such as sweetcorn, broccoli, Peas, beans, and pulses.
2. Want to improve your teeth color naturally? Strawberries and baking soda help in whitening the teeth. It’s a natural tooth-cleanser.
3. Foreign accent syndrome, exploding head syndrome and Alice in Wonderland syndrome are all real but very rare medical conditions.(A disorder in which an abrupt change in the speech of a native person is perceived to speak with a “foreign accent”.)
4. Carrots have a history of 5,000 years and initially grew carrots as medicine. Carrots help in the boosting our immune system as well as prevents heart disease.
We have seen carrots popularly in orange color. But amazingly they can also be white, yellow, red, and purple.
5. All parts of an egg are consumable, including the egg shell which has a high amount of calcium content. Egg shells are the great source of calcium(contain 95% calcium vs 30% milk).
6. Eating fruits and vegetables helps the body to make its own aspirin.
7. A 60 minute nap helps in improving the concentration level for up to 10 hours.
8. This one is straight from your grandma’s kitchen diaries. Soaking two crushed bulbs of garlic and keeping it overnight in water, and drinking the water along with the garlic bulbs early in the morning in empty stomach helps to ward of gastric and high blood pressure.
9. Eating apples have more capability of waking you up than drinking caffeine early in the morning.
10. Watermelon helps in easing stress and anxiety.
11. Researchers claim that laughing 100 times is equivalent to a 10-minute workout regime. Laughing helps in pulling the muscles and also our DNA which in turn helps in suppressing the levels of stress-producing hormones that is cortisol and epinephrine.
12. Dogs have the ability to smell cancer and low blood pressure. Plan to keep one as a pet now?
13. Rinsing your nose with salt water helps to ward off allergy syndromes.
14. Vitamin D is not the only vitamin we that we don’t need to consume in physical form, as our body synthesis it. Vitamin K, niacin vitamin, and Biotin are synthesized by our body other than Vitamin D.
Vitamins Trivia: Most of the Animals can synthesize Vitamin C. Except humans, monkeys, guinea pigs, Indian fruit bats, some birds and fishes.
15. Regular exercises decrease the risk of cancer among women, but only if she gets enough sleep.